We love sharing some of the many great resources we have discovered in the JAZZistry journey. Many great ideas come from the students and teachers we have met in our travels. Enjoy by clicking below:
• Some of Our Favorite Websites
—Teaching Tolerance, anti-bias educational resources
–The Annenberg Learner Project has many excellent resources including:
• Democracy in America, a course in civics, provides a deeper understanding of the principles and workings of American democracy.
• The Civil Rights: Demanding Equality unit brings to life the roles that individuals played in changing our understanding of equality both socially and politically.
• American Passages: A Literary Survey series covers 500 years of American history from a literature perspective.
• How to Teach Controversial Topics and Civil Debate
• Social and Cultural Literacy Resources for Classrooms
• Talking About Race
• “Moments like now are why we teach…”
• Preparing Students for Difficult Conversation
• Books About Racism and Social Justice